Friday, June 20, 2008

Casey + John

A few of these pictures were taken during "golden hour," a term I drill into my photography students (I teach photography at a local high school for those of you who didn't know) for an entire semester. Golden hour actually happens twice a day, about thirty minutes after sunrise and thirty minutes before sundown, so golden hours if you will. This is the time of day when the world looks the warmest. If you were to look at life through rose-colored glasses, life might look a bit like golden hour. It's that pretty.

Casey and John got married at the church my mom grew up in. My mom is my assistant, so she saw a bunch of people from yesteryear. I got a lot of "You're all grown up!" and "Look at little Mary!" type comments. Love it!









Tip of the day: Golden hour lighting also creates nice, long shadows. I saw my shadow in a few of the pictures and I looked quite tall and mighty! May we all live up to our shadows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary!! John and I are looking at your website from the resort in Cancun! I Talked to my mom today and she was looking at the pictures. As soon as I knew they were up we bought 15 minutes on the internet so that we could catch a quick glimpse. We are absolutely amazed at your photography skills. We really love these pictures! They look unbelievable! Thank you so much for taking care of this very important part of our day! We will be talking to you soon!

Anonymous said...

these are really cute!! i love them!!