Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fun times in the Windy City

I'm back from Chicago! I went with a friend from college and we met up with a few of his friends from France. Every now and then I was caught in a French conversation. P.S: my French is at about high school level 3. Every now and then I'd catch something. Yay me! In French, that's "Yay moi." I'm co-leading a trip to France next summer with school so I'd better brush up!

I got my fill of art. We went to the Art Institute and had a Ferris Bueller moment in front of the Seurat painting. And we saw was a really neat photography exhibit on American backyards.

Here are some pictures. I didn't take the 5D, just my little Elph.

This a huge fountain built to mimic the fountain at Versailles, France. Every night it does a light show.

Lawrence (college friend), Vincent (French friend), and me at a Reds game.

Hancock building.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Man, these pictures are great! next time you're in Chicago we'll have to ride around together and get some good shots! I'd love to have some for our team!
All of this looks amazing Mary!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! I'm so sad I missed you when you were so close! I'm like 2 hours from Chi-town.

Glad you had fun, though, and I love checking out your blog for updated photos! Keep up the great work! :o)

Sarah Bohl