Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hello Bright and Cheery World!

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday. First off, if you are looking for Ashley and Jason's photos then scroll down a bit. Second, I am writing to alert the masses that:


Thus, production and blog posts have slowed a bit. I apologize for the delay in any pictures and I am working as fast as possible. The pace will pick up soon because:


From now on, it's all MLP all the time. For the past year and a half I have been working two full-time jobs, leaving me exhausted and eternally busy. I resigned from my day job, teaching photography at a high school here in Lexington, and am jumping into a self-employed adventure starting this summer!

Which brings me to my next bit of news:

I have been wanting to go to this workshop for two years! I am in a scholarship contest but am going no matter what. I cannot wait. I will be honing my skills and learning from four of the best photographers out there. Thanks to Ashleigh Sanzone for telling me about it. The past year I have worked 24-7 and it is time to take time to learn and begin to truly enjoy what I do and embrace it. I love this business not only for the photography, but for the people I meet. So I am going to meet crazy people like myself; who love photography, wedding cake, time crunches, and beautiful white dresses.

I am so excited! Life is good!

And here he is: Gabe.

7 comments:

David Vosburg said...

My response (out loud in my house) "She's dating Gabe!"

Gabriel Lawson said...

this is a great post, if i do say so myself.

Ashley HInzman said...

Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Hello Mary, We love this so very much!! ;)

Sarah said...

Oh Mary, this post makes me miss you. And I'm so excited for you!!!

This workshop looks amazing...I keep telling myself that the next vacation I go on HAS to be a workshop. Travel + taking pictures + learning things to grow your biz = best vacation EVER! Haha.

I can't wait to see all that you're going to do now that you're full-time photography! Maybe our paths will someday cross in this crazy wedding photographer world. Ooh! Maybe we can meet up at WPPI some year! How FUN would that be??

Wow...longest comment ever. :o)

Megan said...

Mary,

My girlfriends and I (Kristen B. Rachael C.) who are excited to be working with you for our upcoming weddings are so glad to hear all of this good news! We hope that you learn lots of usefull skills in the workshop and are thrilled that you get to do photography full time now. Look forward to talking to you soon! :)
Megan perry

Anonymous said...

I love this post. You are hilarious!! I will miss you next year. - Tammy P.